May 15, 2014

#TotalSocial: Firsts


Helene in Between


I know, I know: I've been absent a lot lately. Life has been happening. But two of my favorite bloggers starting a monthly link-up? Well, of course I'm going to participate. This month, the prompt is all about firsts. I decided that, since I still need to update you all on how my apartment is turning out, I would link-up with everything about my FIRST APARTMENT.

I'm still in the process of adding some decorating pieces, so some walls are still kind of bare. But it's getting there!

 View from my front door




 View from the dining room

My makeshift dining room table. Basically a place to throw all my mail and work stuff


My coffee nook is getting out of control


My chalkboard that my sister made. Writing courtesy of me & the Joyful Heart Foundation






Please pretend my bed is actually neat. Also, if anyone finds a twin size comforter that will match those white and red flower curtains in the above picture, let me know. I've been religiously hunting at Target and haven't been able to find anything I like yet.

 My closet needs major organizing. I have a shoe, clothes, and jewelery problem.



The view from my balcony: Lake Winona and Sugarloaf

I bought an actual plant on Saturday!

That's it! As you can see, I don't spend much time in my bedroom (other than when I'm sleeping), so it's kind of neglected right now.

Also, you may see two empty wine bottles in my kitchen. Totally saving those to glitterize using the DIY from Whitney's blog.

Living Room
NYC Prints: Target
Chevron pillow covers: Pillomatic
Coffee table: Handmade by my brother
Yellow picture frames: Target (similar)
Chevron curtains: Target (no longer sold)

Bedroom
Flower curtains: Target (no longer sold)
Wall art: Menards (Yes, Menards!)

Bathroom
Wall print: Designs by Emily F.
Shower curtain: Target

What's the most memorable thing about your first apartment?

 photo Sig_zpsd9daa49c.png 

3 comments:

  1. How adorable is your first apartment! I love the pops of color you added throughout, very nice touch! I'm visiting over from the link up, just wanted to say hey and that it was nice to meet you! Have an awesome week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl your apartment is WAY more decorated than my house that I have been living in for two years! whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I'm so jealous. I want my own apartment! I rent a room right now and it's just not even kind of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete