April 10, 2014

What I've Learned Living Alone (So Far)

I've only been living on my own for a little over a week now, but already I've learned so much. I've definitely learned that I love it (for now). I mean, of course, coming home at the end of a long day to someone wouldn't be half bad. But I kind of enjoy the silence and not having to talk to anyone but myself.

Here's what I've learned over the past week:

1. The dishes won't wash themselves and having only a couple to do at a time is far better than having a huge pile.

2. Using the bathroom while leaving the door open is a luxury that I have never experienced. And anyone who says it's not is lying. (TMI?)

3. Frozen meals constitute dinner. But you should probably make an actual meal at least once or twice a week.

 
 Whitney's Chicken Fried Rice recipe is heaven.

4. You can literally leave the TV on USA Network all day if there is an SVU marathon on and no one will judge.

5. Having to drag laundry up and down two flights of stairs is a bitch.

6.  Spending an evening in pajamas on the couch with a glass of wine watching a movie. Nothing like it.

7. When the garbage is all the way on the other side of the parking lot, one has to work up the ambition to take it out before it overflows.

8. Opening your mail to find your first grown-up bill is enough to give you an aneurysm.

9. Some people who live in apartments next to you are....unique.

10. I haven't found out a #10 yet. What should I add to the list?

 photo Sig_zpsd9daa49c.png


1 comment:

  1. When it's been more than a week, you'll notice that you start talking to yourself. At first just at home, but then in public too... Or maybe that's just me.

    Congrats on moving to your own place! I lived on my own for most of last year and then when the job ended and I had to move back home, it was HARD. Still is... Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete