September 17, 2012

Weekend in Review


Decided to do a Weekend Update since I went home this weekend!

Friday
After a long day of classes and meetings, I got back to Rochester around 5:00pm. My puppy was ecstatic to see me and greeted me by gnawing on my hand all night.

 

I did a load of my nursing uniforms and when I went down to get it out of the dryer I found my nametag still attached to the top! I must have been so exhausted after my late night clinical that I totally forgot to take it off! Luckily that little sucker is pretty durable...

 

Saturday
Saturday was Elliot's 3rd birthday party over in Holmen, WI so we made a day trip out of it. First, of course, I had to treat myself with a Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha. I so deserved it after the hectic 3 weeks I've had!

 

Josh and Hannah go to college in Winona, which is right on the way over to Holmen, so we stopped in Winona and took Hannah shopping for some various snacks for her dorm and then went out for lunch at Jefferson's.

We got to Holmen around 3:15 and Elliot was wearing a hard hat and orange construction vest (his theme was construction). He was so excited for all of his new trucks and his brand new bicycle. 

 
Then he got all hopped up on sugar and spilled his crumbs on the floor and proceeded to run his dump truck through it all. 

 

He's so cute; he was going around playing with his truck and he would randomly start singing the lines to "Drunk on You" aka "The Boom Boom Song" by Luke Bryan to himself :)
 We got home around 8:30 and I basically went straight to bed because I was exhausted.

Sunday
Yesterday morning I finished my laundry, hung out a bit, and ate a little lunch before heading back to Decorah. We brought Ford on the ride with us since he loves riding in the car. He went stir-crazy in the car, I think.
I also woke up this morning feeling like I'm getting sick. And I still feel that way. Sore throat, runny nose, a little bit of a cough, and a headache around my sinuses. I can't get sick this semester! Especially since I'm just beginning all my clinicals this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment