September 12, 2012

Sunshine/Rainstorm

Once again, I never had time to plan ahead & make an awesome blog post so today you are getting a poem I wrote back during my senior year of high school. I wrote it for my senior literature class and it was for an assignment based on "The Wasteland" by T.S. Eliot. Ironically, this poem is a great example of what we are talking about in my Community Nursing and my Healthcare Management classes!


"Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours." - Ayn Rand


Poverty
Stealing into their lives
Dying
Tears of sorrow
Crying
Starving for the little bit more
Never given
Taken away from
Life's cruel games
Helpless but hopeful

Flood of change
Circling the globe

Comfort
Peace of mind
Luxury, money
Music floating through
Clean air that resonates in
Open meadows of green
Dancing through life on
Polished floors with
Invisible cares
Dreamers dreams and
Wishes come true

Not knowing what lies
Across the sea
Beyond the rainbow


No comments:

Post a Comment