To be perfectly honest, I just cleaned it out because, like most women, my purse becomes a black hole of everything I decide to throw in there.
I have a few things that I always keep with me however:
1. Wallet. My very messy wallet. Contents include old receipts, the warranty for my microwave (oops?), some cash, a debit card, Starbucks card, checks, insurance card, and all the normal stuff.
2. My May Book: Being a nurse, my work schedule is never the same, so I always keep this handy to check what days I work & what I have going on. Also to keep track of when bills are due because I am horrible at remembering!
3. Keys, duh! This gets me into my apartment, my mailbox, my storage unit, and my bike lock.
4. A book. Currently about to read "Until the Next Time" by Kevin Fox. I usually keep this around for when I'm working because there's always a little bit of down time.
5. LIP GLOSS. Literally this whole zip case is full of movie & concert stubs and about a billion different lip makeup.
6. Glasses. Because I am blind, I always carry a pair of glasses handy. Because if I'm ordering something at a coffee shop or need to see something, I'm most definitely going to need these.
7. Rescue Mask. I am a nurse after all.
What's in your purse? And please tell me yours is messy like mine.
This post is a collaboration with Credit Card Insider.