Today, I thought I would grace you with some of the best and worst dressed, great tweets, and my thoughts on the top performances of the night.
But first: the spotlight of the night was definitely on 1.) Pharrell's hat. Smokey the Bear called... and 2.) Lorde's utter awkwardness.
I found four of the best and worst outfits from last night.
Worst (not including hat-gate or Lorde's painted black fingers...?)
Alicia Keys in Armani PriveGorgeous color, but the top part doesn't seem like it fits right and I'm not liking the black sash-like thing around the waist.
Katy Perry in ValentinoIt looks like a ballerina did too many pirouettes and landed in a pile of sheet music.
Kaya JonesNo clue who this chick is, but someone forgot to tell her the after-party doesn't start until all the awards have been handed out.
Madonna in Ralph LaurenI don't even know where to start...
Beyonce in Michael CostelloYes, I tweeted that I'm not really a fan of Beyonce, but she looked stunning in this lace number last night.
Chrissy Teigen aka Mrs. John Legend in Johanna JohnsonProbably my favorite dress of the night. Love the gold metallic and she looks beautiful.
Ciara in Emilio PucciAgain, loving the gold metallics and Ciara looks absolutely glowing. I think all pregnant women wished they looked like this!
Taylor Swift in GucciYou're probably sitting there with your jaw on the floor because I'm usually always hating on Miss Swift. However she made the right choice by choosing this beautiful gown and DITCHING THE RED LIPSTICK (finally!).
5. Miranda Lambert and Billie Joe Armstrong "When Will I Be Loved". I was kind of nervous as to how they would sound together, but, to my surprise, their voices blended really well.
4. Pink & Nate Ruess "Try/Just Give Me a Reason". Love these songs and I'm still awe-struck by how Pink can do all those acrobats and still sound flawless.
3. Carole King & Sara Bareilles "Beautiful/Brave". I was so excited for this performance and it didn't disappoint. Love these songs and love strong females who write their own songs and play the piano.
2. John Legend "All of Me". Obsessed with this song and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And the fact that they showed him singing it to his wife? Well done, Mr. Legend.
1. Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert, Madonna, & Queen Latifah "Same Love/Open Your Heart". No words for this performance. Beautiful.
Taylor Swift's performance was actually going quite well and a lot of people on Twitter were loving it. And then she started with her head-banging. And proceeded to make me want to bang my head against a wall.
Twitter was entertaining in its own right. Here are some of the highlights from my timeline:
Still pretty sure Ariana Grande is a Microsoft Word font.
— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) January 27, 2014
robin thicke is performing a song about rape!! wow!!! how cute!!!
— anthony spears (@LOHANTHONY) January 27, 2014
Speaking of, words cannot express how happy I am that Robin Thicke did not win a damn thing for Blurred Lines. But I am disappointed that they had to ruin Chicago by having Robin perform that song.
Also, when my sister and I were in Target on Saturday, she pointed out that there was a shirt in the little girl's clothing section that said Blurred Lines on it with a pony. This was the shirt:
Taylor and Lorde took the same spaz drug prior to their performances... #GRAMMYs
— Whitney Ellen (@WhitneyEllen) January 27, 2014
Hey @schreiber_pablo, Nate Ruess stole your look #pornstache #Grammys
— TV Guide (@TVGuide) January 27, 2014
Twitter is like one big family watching tv together 😂
— Keith (@YepillPosts) January 27, 2014
What are your thoughts on the Grammy's?