January 27, 2014

The Never-Ending Awards Show

The Grammy's literally lasted forever and a day. I don't even know what time they did end because I went to bed right after Miranda Lambert & Billie Joe Armstrong's performance (which of course they saved until towards the end!).

Today, I thought I would grace you with some of the best and worst dressed, great tweets, and my thoughts on the top performances of the night.

But first: the spotlight of the night was definitely on 1.) Pharrell's hat. Smokey the Bear called... and 2.) Lorde's utter awkwardness.

Fashion

I found four of the best and worst outfits from last night.

Worst (not including hat-gate or Lorde's painted black fingers...?)

 Alicia Keys in Armani Prive
Gorgeous color, but the top part doesn't seem like it fits right and I'm not liking the black sash-like thing around the waist.

Katy Perry in Valentino
It looks like a ballerina did too many pirouettes and landed in a pile of sheet music.

Kaya Jones 
No clue who this chick is, but someone forgot to tell her the after-party doesn't start until all the awards have been handed out.

Madonna in Ralph Lauren
I don't even know where to start...

Best

Beyonce in Michael Costello
Yes, I tweeted that I'm not really a fan of Beyonce, but she looked stunning in this lace number last night.

Chrissy Teigen aka Mrs. John Legend in Johanna Johnson
Probably my favorite dress of the night. Love the gold metallic and she looks beautiful.

Ciara in Emilio Pucci
Again, loving the gold metallics and Ciara looks absolutely glowing. I think all pregnant women wished they looked like this!

Taylor Swift in Gucci
You're probably sitting there with your jaw on the floor because I'm usually always hating on Miss Swift. However she made the right choice by choosing this beautiful gown and DITCHING THE RED LIPSTICK (finally!).

Performances

5. Miranda Lambert and Billie Joe Armstrong "When Will I Be Loved". I was kind of nervous as to how they would sound together, but, to my surprise, their voices blended really well.



4. Pink & Nate Ruess "Try/Just Give Me a Reason". Love these songs and I'm still awe-struck by how Pink can do all those acrobats and still sound flawless.



3. Carole King & Sara Bareilles "Beautiful/Brave". I was so excited for this performance and it didn't disappoint. Love these songs and love strong females who write their own songs and play the piano.

 


2. John Legend "All of Me". Obsessed with this song and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And the fact that they showed him singing it to his wife? Well done, Mr. Legend.



1. Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert, Madonna, & Queen Latifah "Same Love/Open Your Heart". No words for this performance. Beautiful.



Taylor Swift's performance was actually going quite well and a lot of people on Twitter were loving it. And then she started with her head-banging. And proceeded to make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Twitter

Twitter was entertaining in its own right. Here are some of the highlights from my timeline:







Speaking of, words cannot express how happy I am that Robin Thicke did not win a damn thing for Blurred Lines. But I am disappointed that they had to ruin Chicago by having Robin perform that song.


Also, when my sister and I were in Target on Saturday, she pointed out that there was a shirt in the little girl's clothing section that said Blurred Lines on it with a pony. This was the shirt:

What is this world coming to? Yes, the connotation of Blurred Lines in this case may be in reference to a pony, but the actual meaning of Blurred Lines is not something that should be supported, let alone the words be printed on a shirt made for 7 year olds. Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now.











What are your thoughts on the Grammy's?

 photo Sig_zpsd9daa49c.png


No comments:

Post a Comment