About two months ago, I wrote a post about my favorite One Tree Hill episodes. It was actually a spur of the moment post because I couldn't think of anything to write about. Surprisingly, I've gotten almost 140 page views and a lot of comments on this post. I'm so glad I have fellow OTH-ers out there!
A lot of episodes of One Tree Hill have a "moral to the story". Or a life lesson. Or some inspirational quote. Here's a few of my favorites:
1. Zero is not a size.
Anorexia is not a fashion statement. This resonated with Sophia Bush (Brooke Davis) who tweeted about it after some not-so-nice tweets about "managed anorexia" from a man named Kenneth Tong: "Dear @MrKennethTong, you are not inspirational. You’re a model for self-hate. You should encourage confidence & uniqueness. Instead you preach same-ness & harm. What happened to you as a child to fill you w/ so much hate that you infect others with it? SAD. Anorexia is a disease. Not a fashion statement. Beauty has nothing to do with the size you wear, it has to do with what's in your heart. xo."
2. What you do matters.
One man can change many lives. For better or worse. Believe that.
3. Abandoning your new husband to go on tour probably isn't the best idea.
4. Hoes over Bros. Hoes over Psychos.
Boys are stupid. They only break your heart. Stick to your girlfriends....unless they're hooking up with your boyfriend. Then you have my permission to punch them in the nose.
5. The dream you desire can be won. It is real, it is possible, it is yours. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it.
Don't wake up every morning not believing everything is going to be okay.
6. The journey is the destination.
Enjoy every moment of your life. Don't let it pass you by.
7. If you come home to someone on your front porch claiming to be your brother, run the other way. Fast.
8. One day you're seventeen & planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today and then someday is yesterday and this is your life.
9. When all your dreams come true, you need someone beside you.
Who do you want that person to be?
10. We're all crazy. Some just hide it better than others.
11. What happened to us? That we now send our children out into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing some will be lost along the way.
Society is a messed up place.
12. You're not just a survivor. You're a warrior. You're stronger than anything life throws your way.