May 31, 2013

These Wings are Made to Flyyyyy


The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up


 Crappies

- I got a reply about a clinic job I applied for & didn't get a second interview (because I have no experience). I'm used to them by now, but it still sucks.

- I really want a place of my own soon. But that can't happen until I get a good job. The only "me" time I get right now is at night before bed when I'm watching Netflix.


Happies

- I went to lunch last Saturday with my BFF's to Panera & it was just what I needed. All three of us are having sucky lives right now related to jobs and living arrangements. We all spent 2 hours venting to each other & it actually made us all feel better. I love my girls! 

-  I had a sister day yesterday with Hannah. Moka had $1 off all iced & blended drinks - um..hello! So we went there & got one to bring to my mom at work too. Iced Jamaican with cream, sugar, & half a shot of vanilla - yummmmm! We also went to Target & I splurged on myself. But it was all clearance so it's totally okay! I got a black maxi skirt for $7.48 (yes, it's maternity but who cares!) & two OPI nail polishes for $3.52 each. A steal!

 

- I may or may not have a new bookshelf to replace my wobbly shelf that my DVD/DVD Player is currently on. Depending on how generous my old high school wants to be.

- One of my sponsors this summer, Alejandra from Munchkins & Military has a birthday giveaway going on right now! It runs through next weekend so get your entries in! I know I'm entering!


- This jam is currently playing on Spotify. So back that azz up all ya want to it; I approve.

Wings by Little Mix on Grooveshark









post signature

7 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up with us today for happies and crappies! i'm sorry about the job searching. i just went through all of that and know how tough it is to find a job when you don't have "experience". i hope you find something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job searching is the worst, I hate it. I hope you find what you're looking for soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't they realize that we're FRESH out of school, and WAY teachable {moldable} to what they want??!!

    I really hope you get the job you want, friend!!
    I miss my girlfriends from school.
    There really is NOTHING like them.
    Glad you still have them to vent to.
    and thank you for all your nursing school advice.
    I look forward to your nursing notes features every time they're up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps.
      give me some time to work a bit, and I'd LOVE to do another one... AS A NEW NURSE!!!!

      Delete
  4. Sending luck your way that you will find a job you love soon. I'm in the same boat. Applying like crazy and haven't found one yet. But the right one will come! I dislike how people are outed just because they lack experience. If everyone requires experience how will anyone be able to get it? I am also jealous of the deal you got on that nail polish! Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you via the link up! I just so happen to be a recent nursing school graduate and I just passed my boards this week! Super excited to get things rolling!

    Check me out!
    http://www.themarriedme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crappies and Happies!? I love this!!!


    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete