April 29, 2013

This Weekend I...



I'm going to skip over the boring parts of this weekend for your reading enjoyment.

Saturday

Saturday morning, my cousin & her kids came over for a little bit. I also went & returned my scrubs to Scrubs & Beyond. In case you don't follow me on Twitter, I posted these three tweets last week:





So if you don't keep up with my employment travails (of which I don't expect you to...there are more important things in this world), I was offered a PM Registered Nurse position at one of the G----- L------ nursing homes here in Rochester. I called in Thursday morning & resigned my position, halfway through "training". Let me forewarn you now: don't ever work for G----- L-----. Unprofessional, unorganized, unfair. No 15 minute breaks (only for CNA's, who are in a union). 2-3 hours of OT every night in order to get charting done. Charting on patients who aren't even your patients and you've never even met or heard a word about. Computerized order sets that are written wrong (like stating 650mg of Tylenol in a chart and on the same chart saying to only give one (325 mg) Tylenol....ummm...which do you want?). Being "trained" for only 1 week by someone who was suspended for a few hours the day before for doing something blatantly wrong. So now I am starting for square one again & I finally started applying out-of-town (in La Crosse, WI). Nerve-wracking, but I'm hoping for the best since one of the girls I graduated with in December just recently got offered a job at this particular hospital. Fingers crossed. I love Nursing & I just want a job where I can do my job to the best of my abilities.

But anyway...blah blah blah.

Saturday night, we went over to my Aunt's house for a little bonfire with the little cousins. Elliot loves bonfires. And s'mores.



Sunday

I cleaned my room and closet. And organized the rest of the clothes I need to put on my Storenvy page for sale soon.


Last day to enter the giveaway I'm participating in on Chelsea's blog!
I'm also giving away ad space in Rachel's birthday giveaway!


6 comments:

  1. That sounds awful. I am sorry your first experience was so bad. Any new grad nurse should have more than a week of training. My orientation was 3 months long. It's necessary for a safe transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. That's a really crappy situation. Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry! Good luck finding a new job! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry about the job. social work jobs were like that when I worked too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to quit! On top of never working for them (not that I would, but my sister's doing nursing) I'll make sure no one I love is ever a patient there, goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow i hope something comes up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete