July 17, 2012

"You want the 411?" "What's the 411?"


First, I'll give you a high-five if you can name the movie where the title of today's post comes from!

Today, I'm linking up with Becky @ From Mrs. to Mama for the Blogger 411. All about moi.
(By the way, I'm loving how many nurses I'm finding in the blogosphere.  It's seriously so great to meet ladies in the same profession as I will soon be entering!)

How long have you been blogging? What got you started on blogging? How has your blog changed?
I started blogging back in February 2009. Over 3 years...WOW! At the time, I was still an Elementary Education major and we were required to start a blog and post at least 12 entries over the course of the semester about the different things we were doing in class. By the way, you can still check out those class posts on this blog!

I loved it so much that I decided to continue (albeit intermittently) blogging about my life and whatever I wanted. My blog has changed names and gotten much more pretty over those 3 years. HTML no longer is as confusing as it was back then and most of the things you see on my page I created through Picasa, Paint, and much studying of HTML tutorials! 

Did you go to college? If so, where and what did you study?
I attended Luther College in the small town (9,000 people including students) of Decorah, Iowa. Luther is known for its choirs (most notably, Christmas at Luther) and its music and nursing programs. As I said before, I started out as an Elementary Education major, but in the spring semester of my sophomore year, I switched over to nursing & picked up a social welfare minor along the way. I will graduate in December 2012 with my Bachelor of Arts in Nursing and I couldn't be any more proud to be a Norse.
A peek at the Luther College Nursing Program

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I would buy a vacation for the time after I pass my NCLEX and before I start working just to unwind & reward myself for getting through nursing school. I would probably also pay off some of my (endless) student loans!

What are your three biggest pet peeves?
People who constantly clear their throat.
Chewing with your mouth open.
When my nail polish chips

What is your favorite movie?
I have a few I really liked: The Last Song, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Life As We Know It, Pretty Woman, and Titanic. I'm a sucker for romance. And I can't wait until Safe Haven comes out in February 2013.

 Photobucket

What is your drink of choice: wine, beer, or liquor?
Depends on my mood. If I'm just hanging out, relaxing with friends - wine. If I'm out at a restaurant or a summer party - beer (Leinie's or Bud Light Lime). If I'm going out or getting this party started - hand me the liquor (Southern Comfort & Mountain Dew, Sex on the Beach, or Long Island Iced Tea).

What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I consider blogging me time. I enjoy just sitting down with a cup of coffee and catching up on new blog posts and writing. 

If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Probably Target. You could get everything there!

Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past.
I'll share a couple since I have no shame. In first grade, I peed my pants while on the playground. I had to go to the office & my mom came to get me. I told everyone in my class I didn't feel good & was going home & they were all saying "Feel better!" - baha!

Another - both from Freshman year of high school, I think. On my first day of high school, I was walking around the school looking for the choir room and another freshman came behind me and was going with me to find it and stepped on the back of my flip-flop and the straps ripped out of the bottom and I had to walk around the last 1.5 hours of school with my toe holding the sandal on my foot. Also, later that year, in choir (again!), I thought we were done singing our part and went to sit down on the riser. Well, our teacher was having us sing again, so I reversed my motion of sitting down to standing, but lost my balance and fell flat on my back on the riser. I then proceeded to stand up with a beet red face & begin singing.

What day would you love to relive again?
Either the last few days before commencement last May with my roomies because our house was basically empty, but we spent the days drinking, baking, eating unhealthy food, and laughing.
Or any of the days in Nashville during my Spring Break 2011. 


If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you?
 Probably either Sophia Bush because I love her or Nikki Blonsky (from the remake of Hairspray) because our personalities are similar. 


What are the jobs you had in high school/college?
Shockingly, I never had a job in high school. I was much to focused on school work and never really wanted one, to be honest. My first job was when I was 19. I worked for Luther College Custodial and cleaned two campus buildings on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6-8am. Not very pleasant. Then my senior year at Luther (2010-2011), I worked at a tutor for the Student Support Services office. I helped First Year students with a class they all have to take: Paideia. It's basically a reading, English, and writing class and I helped them write their papers and study for quizzes. It was actually pretty fun! This past year, while in Rochester, I worked for Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in their nursery and basically played with kids age newborn to ten a couple days a week while their parent's were either in church or a bible study. Best. Job. Ever!

Show us a picture of high school or college.
 I think this was June 2006. Age 17.

July 2006. One of my senior pictures.

September 2007. Freshman year of college. No air conditioning.

Age 21.

Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
 Last week during our Spaghetti & Movie night.

Where do you see your life five years from now?
Let's see, I'll be 28 (almost 29 - yikes!). Hopefully I will be either engaged or married (wishful thinking?) and working in my dream job of either pediatrics or the NICU at either Mayo Clinic or in a hospital in Nashville.

P.S.: The movie quote was from The Parent Trap (the Lindsay Lohan version).

No comments:

Post a Comment