April 10, 2010

A Bend in the Road

Being that I read so much, I thought I could maybe begin a blogging "special" where everytime I'm reading a new book, I blog a little bit about what I think about it.
Right now I'm obsessed with Nicholas Sparks books. I have always loved them, but lately have just gotten back into reading them obsessively like I used to earlier on in high school. Back then I read The Notebook, The Wedding, and A Walk to Remember. I probably need to reread those since it's been awhile. Within the past 2 1/2 months, I have read Dear John, The Last Song, and now am almost finished with A Bend in the Road. Being that basically all the other books I've read have been turned into movies, I, of course, think A Bend in the Road should be turned into one as well. It's such a beautiful and tragic story and I would love to see a modern day take on it in the theaters. (The book takes places in the 80's.) So I thought I would sort of create a dreamlist of actors/actresses who I would love to see play the parts of each character in a movie version of A Bend in the Road.

Sarah Andrews played by AMANDA SCHULL



















Miles Ryan played by ROBERT BUCKLEY
























Jonah Ryan played by PRESTON BAILEY






















Missy Ryan played by SHIRI APPLEBY

Brian Andrews played by DYLAN PATTON



















Otis Timson played by STEPHEN DORFF

































Maureen Andrews played by CATHERINE HICKS

























*There are other minor characters too. But I just listed the main ones I could think of. You should DEFINTELY read the book!!*
Here's the book summary, in case anyone was wondering what it's about:
Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. Missy had been his first love, and Miles fervently believes she will be his last. As a deputy in the North Carolina town of New Bern, Miles Ryan not only grieves for Missy, but also longs to bring the unknown driver to justice. Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews. The second grade teacher of his son, Jonah, Sarah had left Baltimore after a difficult divorce to start over in the gentler surroundings of New Bern. Perhaps it's her own emotional wounds that make her sensitive to the hurt she first sees in Jonah's eyes, and then his father's.

Tentatively, Sarah and Miles reach out to each other. Soon they are both laughing for the first time in years . . . and falling in love. Neither will be able to guess how closely linked they are to a shocking secret -- one that will force them to question everything they ever believed in . . . and make a heartbreaking choice that will change their lives forever.

In A Bend in the Road, Nicholas Sparks writes with a luminous intensity about life's bitter turns and incomparable sweetness. His affirming message carries a powerful lesson about the imperfections of being human, the mistakes we all make, and the joy that comes when we give ourselves to love.

1 comment: