May 1, 2009

Blog Entry 12: Motivation.

Being that this week we focused mainly on motivation in class, I'd thought I'd post a few findings related to this topic.


"The best way to predict your future is to create it" - Unknown

Since we were talking about motivation on the part of coaches in class today, I found this YouTube video related perfectly to the topic. Coaches should motivate like this, not like the video we saw in class. (FYI: The main point starts around 3:00 in this video.):


Clip from "The Pursuit of Happiness":



look me in the eye.
it's okay if you're scared - so am i.
but we're scared for different reasons.
i'm scared of what i won't become.
and you're scared of what i could become.
look at me.
i won't let myself end where i started.
i won't let myself finish where i began.
i know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet.
look me in the eyes.
i have something more important than courage.
i have patience.
i will become what i know i am.



"I fail over & over in my life & that is why I succeed."



No comments:

Post a Comment