June 27, 2013

Throw It Back


Time to throw it back, for the first time! Today, we're doing commentary on fashion choices. Feast your eyes upon the cute, the weird, and the down-right u-g-l-y.

This was probably December of 1993, which would make me 5, my brother 3, and my sister 2 1/2 months. Notice the two-tone plaid skort with matching black top, lace ponytail, plastic clips, and a camera at my side. I was definitely a blogger in training.

Ah, yes. 8th grade. April 2003. 14 years old. I was one of the stage managers for our school play. We were supposed to go for the "tourist" look to stick with the play theme. I look more like awkward 90's girl looking kind of like a throwback to the 70's?

I think this was my 3rd birthday? Love the pink floral jumper! But feast your eyes on my cousin's mullet and my other cousin's blue MC Hammer pants!

  I would say this picture is probably 1994-1995? Matching two piece and slicked back hair, oh yeah!

6th grade. 12 years old. With my kindergarten "buddy" and the girl I shared her with. I look like I just rolled out of bed with a hoodie shirt, black pants, and messed up hair. But, in my defense, I was obsessed with being a punk tomboy. I never wore dresses or skirts (shocker, I know!) and I was obsessed pretended to be obsessed with the bands Tool, Pearl Jam, etc, etc. What a loser.

Looking back on photos, this is my favorite outfit. Which is kind of funny because my mom says this was one of my favorites back then too! Leopard and pink with pink tights, I mean, C'MON!

August 1998. 9 1/2 years old. Como Zoo. Man, I loved that Sparky show. Rockin' the fake chacos, green bike shorts, and a t-shirt.

 Loved pink from day 1.

I think I was 11 or 12 here. Thinking I was so cool because I got to hold our hotel card. Groovy was the 6th grade school play I was in.

Always cheesin' it up. Going for the prepster casual look with the pink polo and baby blue pants.

See? Still wearing that leopard outfit! April 1992 so I was about 3 1/2. That's my grandma's doll she crocheted.

Last, but not least, my jazzercise outfit. More tie-dye with a while turtleneck underneath along with black leggings and purple knee-socks. Throwing around a beach ball at age 3. Doesn't get better than this, my friends!


 What was your favorite fashion statement back in the day?


Have you entered Raising Reagan's June giveaway yet?
I need more nurses and nursing students to be featured for Notes on Nursing! Are you interested? Leave me a comment or e-mail me at friebr01@luther.edu.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you ... the leopard print outfit takes the cake!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pics! And I like your captions. :)

    ReplyDelete