So, I have rounded up some of my favorite beauty products I use (& if I found it from a blogger - shout out!)
1. Matrix Biolage Smoothing Serum: Ok so, let's be honest, I'd rather be using Moroccan Oil. But right now funds are extremely tight (at least until I get a job). This is so cheap. I actually got it from my sister, Hannah @ On My Way, who got it from....Great Clips. Yes, Great Clips. But it seriously works the same in my hair as Moroccan Oil would (minus the lovely smell). I use this while my hair is still damp & then blowdry and straighten & it works like a charm! Retail Value: $14.00 for 4.2 oz.
2. Color Fiend Clip-In Synthetic Hair Extensions in Blood Red (looks more like pink) & Purple/Black Zebra: I love these. As a student nurse & a graduate nurse (at least around these parts), you can't do anything crazy with your hair, like dye a strip pink. I was talking with my hairdresser, Brittany, about this and she suggested these from Hot Topic. I went there right after my appointment &, BAM, Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Yes! They can be cut, washed, straightened, curled...anything! They come with a little clip at the end that you just shove under some hair & clip into place. I've gotten so many compliments on them, too. Retail Value: $5.99 for 2 strands
Here I am wearing the Blood Red. Told ya it looks more pink than red.
1. Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Butter: I have extremely dry skin on my legs and feet. Especially after shaving. This is the only lotion/body butter I've found that is thick and works into the skin without leaving you feeling greasy. Plus, the smell is to die for! My favorite B&BW scent, by far! Retail Value: $15.00 for 7 oz.
2. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: Girls, get this! I know people say stuff about there being something in it that can mess with pregnancy or babies or something. But c'mon. I learned about this from a fellow MN blogger, Kelly @ Keeping Up with Kelly & Co. It is seriously a miracle worker. Let's just say I used it to paint my nails on New Year's Eve and the polish didn't start chipping until practically a week and a half later. Retail Value: $9.99 for 0.5 oz.
3. Essie Nail Polish in Chinchilly: I actually received this as part of a giveaway from Stephanie @ Bourbon & Glitter. I love the color (it's kind of a medium grey) and it's a great quality polish. Retail Value: $7.79 for a regular size bottle (I have the baby size)
4. Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish in I Miss You: I'm sure by now you guys have seen the Sinful Colors Collection. It is right up my alley. I was skeptical at first because they are kind of like a cheaper version of OPI, but it's actually a really great polish! This color is a sparkly purple & isn't thin looking at all! Retail Value: $1.99 for 0.5 oz.
5. Kiss Nail Dress: I actually got these as a sample in one of my magazines and they actually work well & stay on long! You just stick it on, smooth it out, & file the rest off. They stay on even through washing the dishes! Retail Value: $5.97 for 1 design.
1. Wet 'n Wild Eyeliner: Let's be honest, I just graduated college and am broke. Nobody got time for some expensive makeup! These are super cheap & I've used them since junior high. I have a bunch of different colors, but my fave is Black Black. Retail Value: $0.99 for 1 pencil
2. Buxom Big & Healthy Sheer Lip Polish in Clair: I actually got this as a Christmas present from my Grandma. It makes your lips tingle when you put it on because it makes them look fuller. Retail Value: around $10.00.
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Twinkle: I had been wanting to try this because I've heard great things, so I was extremely happy when I received one in my giveaway winnings from Stephanie @ Bourbon & Glitter. This glides on so smooth and makes your lips feel super soft. And it smells good. Retail Value: $2.97 for 1 tube.
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Raisin: I love red lipstick. But this has taken it's place for now. It's a deep red in color, but it has the consistency of a lip balm so it goes on easy. And it has that amazing tingling sensation! I also got this in a giveaway winning (you see why I love reading blogger beauty secrets!). Retail Value: $4.99 for 1 tube.
3. Elf Eyelash Curler: I'm obsessed with curling my lashes. My eyes are my favorite to accentuate. Retail Value: $1.00
4. Maybelline the Colossal Volum Express Waterproof Cat Eyes in Glam Black: My absolute favorite mascara! And also from Stephanie @ Bourbon & Glitter...this girl knows her stuff! It makes your lashes appear longer and fuller without getting all clumpy. And it stays on all day! I have raved about this stuff to everyone: that's how much I love it! Retail Value: $5.94 for 31 oz.
5. The Icing Shimmering Bronzing Powder: Yes, this is from a jewelery store. Yes, it's awesome. It has a great bronzing palette. And it comes with a little brush in a hidden compartment below! Retail Value: Not sure. Maybe around $3-$4?
6. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Smokey Eyes in Amethyst Smokes: Great palette for creating a perfect smokey eye. It comes with a medium purple for the crease, a shimmering purple for the lid, a shimmering white for the brow, and a shimmering black for the corner. Sometimes I just use the shimmering black in the corner & it still looks amazing! Retail Value: $5.99 for the palette
I hope you didn't find this too boring & maybe you found something you need to try!
What's your go-to beauty product?
Check out Mandy's giveaway!