January 16, 2013

Cruise*

*An awesome song by Florida Georgia Line. Look it up.

Last Thursday, my brother, sister, and I took a road trip up to Bloomington, MN to the Mall of America.

Not only did I have gift card winnings that I needed to spend, but I hadn't been there since, oh...3rd grade-ish? Meaning I was like 9 years old the last time I was there. And I'm from Minnesota. Now that's just wrong!

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/media/hi/en_US/img/offers/information/image/100029276/HH_moaentrance_746x420_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg 

We arrived around 10:15am and started out in Forever 21.

Oh my gosh. If you were to put Rochester's Forever 21 into the store at MoA, you could probably fit like 4 of them in there. HUGE!

I didn't end up getting anything, but my brother bought a shirt and tie set for a wedding this summer. And I had to force him to come in with us! Ha. Told ya so.

Although, I do have to say: The customer service was not very good. Checking out with my sister's 3 items she was buying with all cash took, literally, like 20 minutes. Slowest guy ever. And we had to go back because it turns out he forgot to take the security device off my brother's shirt so we kept setting off the alarms in every store we went in!

Our next stop was H&M. I could have spent hours in here and dropped a hot penny.

I had a $25 gift card I won, so I ended up getting another (!) plaid shirt (seriously, my third one in less than three weeks...) and only paid $4.95!

I also had a $10 gift card to Sephora that I also won so I ended up paying a whopping $0.19 for a bottle of OPI nail polish! Big spender, I know!

 

The color I got is called Read My Palm.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/IMG_4893_1.JPG 

My brother wanted to go in Lids so I went along for the heck of it. They had a bunch of hats on clearance for $5 so I got a camo trucker hat with a pink Puma logo. I love it!

We went in a few other stores as well and got lost on our way to a few places 2 or 3 times. Thank god for those mall map stands. By the way, who knew there was a Peep store? Not me.

 

We then got lunch at Pita Pit (never had it before - delicious!), did a little more walking, and then I treated all of us to a Starbucks for the drive home. I have a problem.

 

 All in all, I'd say it was a successful trip! I had so much fun!



*I'm planning a 200 follower giveaway for this here blog. If you would like to donate something (ad space, gift cards, nail polish, scarves, whatever), please let me know & I will get in contact with you sooner to the planned giveaway day.*

*Don't forget to enter the $50 Amazon GC giveaway!*

2 comments:

  1. ohhh my gosh. FAVORITE PLACE ON THE PLANET! I got every single time I visit home. best place ever, I cannot believe you have not been there in such a long period of time, my dear you are CRAAAAZY;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nail color is to die for!! Love it!
    And I'm so jealous! I want to go to the mall of America! I'm pretty sure I'd have NO idea where to start & end up lost like at least 50x but still!

    Oh and I like your hat!

    ReplyDelete