July 28, 2010

Tasty Tuesday (the late edition)

Well that was a long blog break! I'll probably still not be posting regularly on here in the next couple weeks. I'm trying to soak up as much summer as I can - it's already the end of July!!! Woah!

Just thought I'd leave you with this YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY coconut cake of my mom's. I'm making it right now as we speak &, let me tell you, it is so delicious! The perfect dessert for Easter or a summer picnic :)

Moist & Creamy Coconut Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk*
1/2 c white sugar
2 c. coconut, divided
1 large container of cool whip
1/2 tsp vanilla

Prepare cake as directed on box. Bake in a 13x9" pan. Cool cake for 15 minutes, then poke holes over the entire cake. Combine coconut milk, sugar, 1/2 c. coconut, & vanilla in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over top of cake, letting liquid soak into holes. Cool completely. Fold 3/4 c. coconut into cook whip. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill in fridge.

*Coconut Milk can be found in the Asian food section of any grocery store.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment